Sunday, April 25, 2010

Market Has Cameo in "Spring Harvest" Thursday

Tune in or set your DVR for Thursday, 9:30 pm, at UNC-TV for the premiere of Spring Harvest: North Carolina Farm Fresh. This half-hour program travels across the state and highlights North Carolina's prolific direct-to-consumer farm marketing systems, including the role of farmer’s markets, community-supported agriculture, and agritourism.

We have heard that our market has a cameo in it, as well as vendor Smith's Nursery, which is featured as a Pick Your Own farm in the show.

"As a kid I thought they [farms] were dirty. Now, as an adult, the small farm seems in many ways to be as pure, clean, and uncomplicated a place to visit as any place I can find within 30-miles of my house," said Rick Sullivan, producer of the show. "One year ago I did not know what the letters C-S-A stood for. Now I'm a part of a community supported agriculture operation myself! I'm eating a lot more fruits and vegetables this year and Ive made a lot of new friends in my visits to NC farms. I don't expect that to change in the future."
Sullivan, who is from Cary, is a regular at the Western Wake Farmers' Market. A second show in the series is planned for the fall with a focus on fall crops.

No comments:

Post a Comment