Monday, October 4, 2010

Market to Menu: Clams and Shrimp in Spicy Broth

I bought two dozen littleneck clams and a pound of shrimp from Southport Seafood Co. last weekend at market, but I didn't really have a plan as to how I was going to prepare them. A quick online search yielded a simple and really tasty recipe from Giadia De Laurentiss, Mussels, Clams and Shrimp in Spicy Broth.

I made the recipe as it is featured with only a few minor changes: no mussels and only half of the crushed red pepper so that my kids would eat it. Paired with bread from La Farm Bakery and a salad of mixed greens from Ben's Produce and Farm Front Gardens, we enjoyed a great Sunday night dinner that was almost entirely local!
According to people who reviewed the recipe, you also could add fish. Don't be afraid to alter recipes for the ingredients you have or to put a seasonal spin on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment